What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental procedure that improves the appearance of your teeth, gums, and/or bite. However, these procedures don’t necessarily improve the function of your teeth.
Who benefits from cosmetic dentistry?
You may benefit from cosmetic dentistry if your teeth are stained, chipped, broken, uneven, or worn. The cosmetic procedures offered at the Center for Implant & Esthetic Dentistry can improve your smile and your confidence.
What are the different cosmetic dentistry procedures?
Dr. Mahallati is an expert at improving the look and health of your mouth and offers some of the most advanced cosmetic dentistry procedures available. Common procedures include:
- Teeth Whitening: Your teeth can become discolored or stained over time. It may be due to smoking, use of certain medications, or consuming tooth-staining beverages and foods. Your dentist can do an in-office procedure to whiten your teeth or provide you with a teeth whitening system to use at home. Read More
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding improves the appearance of teeth that have excess gaps, as well as teeth that are chipped, stained, cracked, or broken. Bonding materials can also be used to protect an exposed tooth or fill in small cavities. Your procedure can be completed in one visit, where an etching solution is applied before tooth-colored materials are adhered to your tooth’s surface. The results look and feel like a natural-looking tooth that will provide the patient with many years of service. Read More
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are custom-made shells used to cover the front surface of your teeth, changing their shape and color. Veneers last longer than dental bonding and are known for their superior appearance. Veneers can enhance teeth that are poorly shaped, slightly crooked, stained, chipped or worn and have spaces between them. Read More
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns, or restorations, completely cover your tooth to restore its normal shape. A crown may be needed if your tooth is misshapen or discolored, weak, broken, or has a large filling. A dental crown can also hold a dental bridge in place, cover a dental implant, and cover a tooth that has gone through a root canal procedure. Read More
- Enamel Shaping: Enamel shaping removes or improves the contour of your dental enamel to enhance the appearance of your teeth. Enamel shaping may be done in conjunction with a dental bonding procedure. This cosmetic dentistry treatment can correct overlapping, crooked, and chipped teeth. It can also correct minor bite problems.
- Dental Bridges: Sometimes called a fixed partial denture, dental bridges replace your missing teeth with artificial teeth. Bridges are anchored onto surrounding teeth after your teeth are prepared for crowns. A false tooth is then joined to the crown before the bridge is cemented onto your teeth. Read More
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are surgically placed into your jawbone and provide a long-term solution for missing teeth. Implants can replace a tooth or several missing teeth. Read More
A beautiful smile is only one dental visit away. Call the Center for Implant & Esthetic Dentistry today to schedule a cosmetic dentistry consultation with Dr. Mahallati, or request an appointment online.